This workshop aims to provide participants with a set of critical tools that will enable them to understand as well as navigate successfully grants that are available thereby enhancing your organization's mission, goals. and capabilities. It will also guide you in identifying the salient elements and sections that are essential in a successful grant proposal.
This workshop is for:
- Beginners who are seeking to gain the techniques and skills necessary to write successful applications.
- Grant writers seeking to update their knowledge base as it relates to funding trends and philanthropy
- At the end of this workshop, you will be able to identify and effectively write the key elements in a successful grant submission.
Having agreed to come to this workshop, please come with the following prepared:
- Mission Statement and Goals of your organization
- Your organization Institutional Capabilities
- Annual report highlights
- Any external evaluation of your organization that is available
- Any linkages and collaborations, locally, regionally, and internationally, that are in place
- Result of any grant writing activities previously undertaken
Professor Delroy M. Louden, PhD FRSPH
Professor Delroy Louden obtained his Ph.D from the University of Bristol England and his Post-Doctoral training in Epidemiology from The Johns Hopkins University- School of Public Health, Maryland, USA. He was born in Clarendon Jamaica but is resident on Anguilla.
He is the first and immediate past president of the Anguilla Community College-2009-2016 after having earlier served his sabbatical in the Ministry of Health, Anguilla, on a project – Strengthening the Health Infrastructure Capacity of the Ministry. Before migrating to Anguilla he served as a Professor, and Principal Investigator at Lincoln University, Pennsylvania USA (1997-2010), for which he obtained several external funded grants, notably from NIH, National Cancer Institute, State of Pennsylvania –Department of Health and the US Department of Defense- Armed Service Program on AIDS Control. He has held Academic appointments at Universities in West Africa, University of the West Indies- Mona Campus, as well as the University of Toronto-Department of Preventive Medicine and Statistics in Canada and in England.
He has held the post of Director of Epidemiology and Surveillance, New York City –Department of Health-Bureau of Tuberculosis. Also in the US he has served as Vice President for Research and later Executive Director at the Center for Research in Nursing Education and Community Health at the National League for Nursing in New York.
Professor Louden is a Distinguished Fulbright Scholar and a Fellow of the US Department of Health and Human Services- Bureau of Primary Health Care Policy. He is also a Fellow of the Royal Society of Public Health-UK.
More recently he has, in collaboration with colleagues published several papers including:
- Breast Cancer in the Caribbean: Analysis of reports from 1075-until 2017 – Journal of Global Oncology.
- Maintenance of Weight Loss in Adolescents: Current Status and Future Directions. Journal of Obesity.
- Treatment of Adolescent Obesity Comparing Self-Guided and Group Lifestyle Modification Programs: A Potential Model for Primary Care. Journal of Pediatric Psychology.